Tuesday 18 July 2023

Three Truths About Losing Weight and Building Muscle That You Have To Understand

 These days, there’s just so much information about losing weight and building muscle that it can be really confusing to regular people. Some people swear that the courses and lessons they offer will teach them a lot about losing weight, and others suggest that you just look at videos on YouTube to figure out how to lose weight.

But behind all of these strategies and tricks lies a simple truth; it’s all science. So here are three hard truths about losing weight and building muscle that you need to come to grips with.

Source: https://unsplash.com/photos/5jctAMjz21A (CC0)

Losing weight simply means moving more and eating less

Anyone can keep fit or lose weight by simply walking more and eating a bit less every day. It’s simple math–if you burn more calories in a day than you gain, then you’ll eventually lose weight. It’s really that simple.

However, there is some nuance that you have to understand too. For instance, calories can be considered wasteful or empty, and this is usually the case with processed foods or foods that are high in sugar content. Those foods don’t have much nutritional value, hence they won’t provide your body with anything beneficial. As such, the only additional rule to remember here is that every calorie should be as nutrient-dense as possible.

In short, avoid any empty calories, eat less, and move more, and you’ll eventually lose weight.

Consuming more protein will help you lose body fat

Add more protein into moving more and eating less, and you’ll start to burn more fat. This is because protein boosts your metabolism and helps to regulate your appetite. Additionally, protein digestion takes a lot more effort than other types of foods. This is because proteins are naturally complex, meaning your body needs to work harder in order to break it down. It’s estimated that your body only absorbs about 70% of the calories from protein. This is because the other 30% is used up when trying to digest it.

There are lots of ways to add more protein to your diet. For example, you could buy protein powders and shakes from websites like AthleticStore to supplement your diet. Alternatively, you could simply eat more healthy proteins like chicken and fish. Try to cook them rather plainly so you’re not introducing lots of fat and carbs into your meals, and pair them with other nutrient-dense foods like vegetables to feel more satiated.

Strength training will help you build muscle

So if you eat less, move more, and add more protein to your diet, your body will lose not just weight, but also body fat specifically. But what if you want to actually build muscle?

This is where strength training comes into play. There’s a lot of science behind this, but the general idea is that you work your body until the muscle fibers are damaged, then your body will naturally repair them using new muscle protein strands. This increases the thickness of your muscles, leading to that bulked-up look that people are aiming for.

When you start to incorporate regular strength training into your day to day routine, you may start to notice changes to your body composition in just a few weeks. As well as seeing noticeable results, you may also start to experience delayed onset muscle soreness also known as DOMS. This means that the exercise you’re doing is working, and your body is working hard to repair tiny tears that have occurred during your strength training exercises. Although these pains are completely normal, they can cause discomfort, so you may want to look for natural remedies to alleviate the symptoms. Whether you’re looking into Tens Machines, ice baths or self-applicating muscle relief creams, there are a number of different ways to create a therapeutic effect in the areas of your body that need the most attention.

We hope that these three simple truths will help you simplify your weight loss, fat-burning, and strength-training journey.

* This is a collaborative post*

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig